October 5, 2018

RUNNING LATE

My sleep habits seem to have changed a lot.  I get such a late start, my day seems short.  I still sat on the Balcony.  That is an important space to me. I feel safe and in charge as I survey my place.  A time to get away outside and enjoy the quiet before the day starts.  But if I keep sleeping till 7 my time grows short.  I saw Mr. Rude Crow and heard birds in the background.  Not much else.  I did get a subject for a poem.  Sometime that is all it takes and I start to have words running around in my brain.  They stumble and fall and retreat and finally get in line and It is amazing how sometime they fall in place.  Mr. Rude crow is the subject.  Wish me luck as I try to explain him in a poem. So goes the day.  I will eat lunch with friend Betty.  We call it "fish day" even though we are not Catholic. 

Betty Boop

No comments: