October 14, 2018

SUNDAY

Up early.  I am going to Church early for brunch before the Blue Grass Service. Annually we have the most beautiful blue grass music.  Tell you about it later.  I hope you have had a chance to look at the clouds lately, especially in the morning.  I have never seen so many kinds.  This morning was no exception.  I saw the sky writer weaving in and out way in the Eastern sky.  Still wonder about who it is. 

Jan came yesterday, we went to Trace Grill for lunch.  I like for my kids to come to lunch here, but I need to get out and look at other views some too.  We both like Trace Grill.  The food taste homemade.  They don't even put sugar in their cornbread!!!!.  She helped me do small chores that are big to me.  You just don't know what I mean till you face small things that get hard to do.  I am still surprised at some things. Keeps life interesting I guess. I keep having small memories of long ago.  I told Jan about a little old black lady who used to come door to door at our Meadow Ridge home when they were growing up.  She did not remember this.  Anyway the carried shelled lady peas and sometime baby lima beans in a cloth sack and she would sit on the steps and measure out peas with a cup and I would hold my bowl for her to pour them in it.  The girls watched in wonder.  I have often thought of the lady and how hard it must have been for her to walk the neighborhood and sell her from small sacks from her garden I presumed.  I wish I had asked her, but at the time, it did not occur to me.  Those things were so common then.  People selling from door to door.  What a life.

Betty (just thinking) Boop

No comments: