May 13, 2019

GREAT WEEKEND

We  really did make the most of our weekend.  I did not think it could turn out so good. but it did.  Everyone was so positive we could go in the rain and enjoy it.  It was 12 of us and we talked of the missing ones and learned news of them.  We talked, ate fabulous  food, slept and watched for "gators" (saw one) made a fire in the fireplace, talked of past trips together.   We are an exceptional family.   We actually like each other. !! And it is so interesting to me how different  each one is, yet alike in many ways.   I just loved hearing everyone share themselves with each other. The Lake was so pretty with all the many beautiful trees and wild life.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think it was a success.  Not every family gets to do what we do. Getting together like this pulls us together. "Truman's Dream". I do miss him so on occasions like this.  But revel in the feeling that he approves and is giving us his blessing. And of course God's mercy of giving us safety and a wonderful weekend.  And when we gather together in a circle and hold hands for blessing said by different ones. it makes my heart soar.

Betty Boop

No comments: