May 23, 2019

PATRIOTIC WE ARE

Yes, the flags are going up.  A yearly tradition around this generation of oldies. I guess we have all felt it close up.   I mean war and how we protected our country,   You have to live through to fully understand what our country experienced.  I was 18 when it started and really did not fully understand.  But here at SCV we have many who do.  We put flags everywhere.  There is a new one this year that is huge.  They put it up yesterday between the golf course and croquet space.  It is stunning!!!!  More around the fence and I am sure they will  go up down the pier as usual.  From Memorial Day through 4th of July. we celebrate with these reminders.  Of  course our wonderful Sunshine Choir will perform on the 4th. (I am a proud member.)  Keeps me going.

Betty Boop

No comments: