November 29, 2019

DAY AFTER

May be the day after, so the calendar says, but the best is yet to come.  Lunch at the Wolf's welcoming home.  Always a treat.  M.G. informed me she is making Cornish hen for our day after celebration.  Wow!!  How elegant can we get?  I have to confess, although I am looking forward to that delicate little hen, I always feel sorry for them.  They are so small and cute.!! Forget that and just enjoy it all.  She is so thoughtful to plan such a treat. 

Yesterday was good in the dinning room.  The dressing actually tasted like mine.  I told the Chef and that pleased him.  However, my downfall was the pecan pie.  I know better than to push the sugar level.  I felt deprived when others were enjoying.  Oh it was just plain good!!  And did I pay for it? Yes--big time.  I had trouble getting the sugar down.  Still a little high this morning.  I usually say-never again, but I am weak. On a high note.  I cleaned out  the Thanksgiving décor and started my Christmas ones.  I have an impressive tier table outside my door, just full of my Angel collection.  They look so sweet and I hope people passing enjoy them.  Of course the manger figure  came out to stir up memories.  Amy made them when she was in College.  By the way--how about them MSU dogs at the egg bowl? 

Betty "chatty" Boop
P.S.  The tier table with it's Duncan  Phyfe legs  that is outside my door was part of the first furniture Truman and I bought.  Everyone had to have Duncan Phyfe!!!

No comments: