November 21, 2019

UP & DOWN

How about this weather.  People on the weather team say "It's just Mississippi."  Could be so, but I kind of like it.  Gives me something to write  about.  People here keep asking me for a new poem.  I guess I am in a dry spell again.  One lady compared me to John Grissom ==  he is writing again she said.  I had not cared for his last novels.  But to put me in the same sentence as John Grissom was flattering.  It should have made me run up and grab the long yellow legal pad and start writing.  But it didn't.  So that proves that I do not belong in the writers group.  Oh well.  Maybe I will get some motivation soon.  I have been dealing with other issues that seem to have zapped my creativity. 

Beautiful through the window.  Betsy really enjoys the sunshine.  Her little world is small and she runs to the door every time the door opens, to see who is there.  She loves people.  I tell her all my troubles and joys and she just smiles and blinks her pretty gold eyes.  I think she understands. 

Betty Boop

No comments: