July 12, 2015

COMPUTER SAVVY

All you computer geniuses may get a laugh out of a poor struggling dummy like me, but I learned a lot Saturday.  It all started with Linda getting a new NOOK and wanting me to have her old one.  She tried two times before I bravely took it.  Jan loved the idea (I think) when she took me to Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago.  I think I mentioned our trip.  It was successful!!  I could now read books and went right to work.  Read one and am in the middle of another.  I have navigated surprisingly well.  But another wonderful thing has happened.  She took me to the Madison County Library to get a new card.  That went smooth.  They have very capable and friendly people.  I feel very proud of my new card.  I cut my old one up when I moved from Jackson 4 and a half years ago.  I loved and used that card a lot.  But wait--that is not all.  We knew I could check out books on my Nook from there.  A very knowledgeable and kind lady hooked me up and taught Jan how to use it.  St. Catherine's is a go between for our residents.  You can check out books from them and someone here will bring them back and forth.  Beautiful arrangement.  So we had to come back and get on an Adobe account.  Jan had all the instructions.  She jumped on it and did not give up till I had checked out a book from the library sitting right here in my little office right on my Nook.  It goes back all by itself after three weeks.  Amazing .  But the real Hero is Jan.  She would not give up till she got it right.  I checked out a book at the library the old fashioned way before we left.  I have plenty to read.  Two residents here will take it back if I choose.  Now I know I sound behind the times, but I am catching up fast. (I took a nap while she struggled.)

We also did several more stops and got things done.     GOOD JOB JAN.  You are so good to me and I am glad to call you my friend as well as a wonderful daughter..

Betty Boop

No comments: