July 5, 2015

JULY 4th

I started off the 4th by sleeping late (for me).  I woke at 7 pm.  Wow, and good for me.  The  Cyber being closed for the 4th, I fixed my own breakfast and took my time.  Felt good.  I need more days when I don't have to go somewhere.  I had lunch in the dinning room with the traditional type food.  Barbecue chicken, baked beans, corn on cob (frozen) slaw.  They had much more but that is what I chose.  Good but not the best.  I said to someone that I would not complain and she said--"you just did"  I guess she was right. 

Last night I was invited to a party on a friends terrace on the first floor and right on the Lake.  She has such a pretty apartment.  About 12 of us sat on her terrace there and ate watermelon and watched the fireworks from Liberty Park.  We had a wonderful view and it was really good .  I had just watched a Capitol 4th on TV and I think Madison was just as good as Washington.  It was nice and I enjoyed it.  Haven't been to a small party like that in a while.  Good to go  where there was no wine or any alcohol served.  That gets old for me. 

Betty Boop

No comments: