July 18, 2015

GOOD START

Well, I did my duty and helped the GOOD THINGS BETTER COMMITTEE this morning.  We sorted flags and folded and put them in the right boxes (I hope) since Terry is about as scattered as I am.  She is a sweetie and I like her, but sometime she gets it wrong.  Me too, so we make a "pair." Anyway we got it done and then I joined a group of girls and drank coffee.  I came back to the Bubble to finish my coffee and saw a beautiful sight.
Grass Cutting

I know the man must have gotten up real early because he was about finished with the vast hill to the North of the Lake.  With a giant mower pulled by a tractor, he can cover a lot fast.  In his wake were many white birds.  Don't know what they are, but they were following him close behind and on both sides.  I guess he was turning up bugs and seed a- plenty.  They seemed happy.  Over in the distance I say a gaggle of Canada geese moving toward the other Lake.  Shade seemed to be their thoughts.  They would stop and graze as they moved on.  Back to the tractor, he finished and pulled and stopped under the only tree on the hill,  I assume he was cooling and drinking water.  Back at the waters edge, the white birds were in the edge drinking too.  Now this seems like a simple story, but to me, I was moved by the beauty of it and was glad to see it.  Another good thing about retirement and getting older,  You have time to appreciate what you see.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

From your great view, you get to see a lot of stories unfold.