July 9, 2015

SAD DAY--YET HAPPY

Yes as you all know, the last of this generation of the George Ellis family has one left standing---ME  How scary is that?  Of course they called me the "baby", being the youngest.  Right now 88 does not seem so young.  Irene was my favorite.  She was like a sister I never had.  Sometime she seemed like my mother because she took me under her wing many times and taught me plenty.  I was so young and inexperienced when we married, and she was my "go to" for information from cooking to just every day married life.  I am sure she got tired of me almost every day, when we would meet riding the bus home.  Her from the hospital and me from the Bank.  No car for us and only one for them.  We would have coffee at her house.  T. and I lived across the street in our first apartment( found by her).  I would talk and listen too while she washed her nurse stockings she wore that day.  I thought she was so clean and thorough!!Over the years she was my friend and I will miss her greatly.   I did not know it would hit me this way, as over the years I learned to stand on my own,  but we had so many good memories of traveling together and much, much more.  Rest in peace and don't you all have too many parties before I get there.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

well said, Mom