February 5, 2017

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

Words can't describe how I feel just now.  I took a nap and decided if I could write my feelings and thoughts.  First nobody has a family of children like me.  Thoughtful, kind, loving, generous with complements and thanks for me.  Even that does not say it all.  We celebrated at Jan and Tommy's house.  From the entrance door on there were decorations.  Many pictures of my life from baby to now.  A 80th book that they made me on my 80th birthday that was a great memory because Truman was in the picture then.  The table was decorated by M. G.  I see her mother's influence on her.  She decorated all down the table with colorful toys for my new cat, Bitsy.  It made a sweet decoration and so pretty too. I got sweet cards and a book of pictures everyone sent to Jan of themselves-some with me- in a beautiful little book.  I have "memories galore  in  the little book. Something to treasure and enjoy when I need to see everyone.  Next the menu was, some would say. unusual.  It was my choice and it was fabulous!!!  Hot dogs (best quality)with all the add-ons. Slaw, chilie, cheese, onion, mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickle relish, and baked beans (Paul style) and I can't remember the rest.  Yum, yum.  Tea and soft drinks, and coffee.  Oh but to crown it all, my sweet and smart grand daughter, Mary Grace slaved to make my request of Wideman's Black Bottom pie.  And it was delightful and just the way I remembered it .  Have I missed anything?  And here I am drunk on love -- not the rum in the pie.  Truman would be as proud of you all as I am.

Betty Boop 

1 comment:

wvrhodes said...

Looks like a wonderful party, Mamaw! I'm glad you were celebrated. I would have liked to be there.