February 9, 2017

DOWN THAT LANE AGAIN

Read Amy's blog first today.  You will then understand mine.  Memories were stirred when we went to the Mayflower for lunch.  Amy, Sophie, Mary Grace, and me.  I worked downtown before and after I married at what was then the Commercial Bank and Trust Co. which was down the street from the Mayflower  Met Truman there and worked 3 years together before Linda was born.  Retired, as was the norm then to becoming gainfully employed to a career of Motherhood.  Never looked back.  Amy posted pictures of me and the group of girls I worked with.  We had fun and she mentioned we would go to the Mayflower for shrimp cocktail for our break.  All we could afford.  I think it was about 50 cents.  They Mayflower has remained pretty much the same and is still very popular. though the shrimp cocktail is $5.95 now.  A lot of water under the bridge.  Some rough waters and some very smooth.  I am in a smooth stretch right now.  My eye Dr. (known him many years) said yesterday "If you drink, smoke, or eat bacon-keep it up."  Meaning if it ain't broke ==don't fix it.  I think that is what he meant.  Maybe he meant at 90, there is not much you can do but live it.  I don't know what he meant, he was on a "one liner roll" yesterday.  He thought he was funny.  And we did laugh.  Just glad I can see as well as I can.  He said I was a minor miracle.  I'll take that . Well back off the memory trail.  Another appointment today to the ear Doctor.  Let's see what he can do about that constant "HUH"  I keep saying  Pray for another minor miracle,

Betty Boop

No comments: