February 25, 2017

MARCH POEM

BLOW RIGHT IN
 
by dot
 
March wind blows chilly and strong.
We know it wont be long,
Till a change is in sight.
Don't look at it with fright.
 
For the "Ides of March" are upon us.              
Don't let it get you down.
Just check out a book to discuss.
Good books in our Library abound.
 
This is for the Library board so I have to tie it to the subject of the Library & Here are a few Haiku I wrote for the VILLAGER
 
BREAKFAST
 
I am pleased to have breakfast
in the happy company of sunshine, light,
flowing beautifully through my window.
 
CANADA GEESE
 
Canada geese have flown away,
I hesitate to express my missing them
for they are not welcome.
 
ON STAGE
 
Oh, I stand on stage
with others of like fear, trembling
just hoping it's soon over.
 
HERON
 
I say good morning today
to many friends on the Lake
King Heron and many ducks.
 
AIR PLANE
 
Out of the blue I see,
back and forth through the sky,
a plane spreading fun, making clouds.
 
WINTER SKY
 
A gray and winter sky,
everything around seems asleep and hiding
soon that all will change.                                                
Betty Boop
 


1 comment: