February 26, 2017

SUNDAY

After our usual MARDI GRAS celebration at Church with music by the SOUTHERN KOMFORT BAND we were invited to lunch at the Patrick's house.  It has become a tradition for the band to play. The church was filled with music and we had a good crowd.  I enjoyed it.  Nothing like singing songs like I FLY AWAY and DOWN BY THE RIVER SIDE to a brass band.  Little bit of New Orleans.   The lunch at M. G. and Ryan's house was as usual great.  The make a beautiful wedge salad and Mary Grace made a steak pot pie that was simply delish !!  The dogs were friendly and the conversation good.  Home with flowers from the Church and put some in the bubble for everyone to enjoy.  Purple, yellow and green for Mardi Gras.  Bitsy and I took a nap together on my bed.  She is now taking a bath while I write.  I have company with her here.  So nice to have someone to talk to and while she does little to carry her end, she is a good listener.

Betty Boop  

No comments: