October 28, 2020

'LOVE A RAINY DAY

70 degrees and rain.  How about let's stay inside and watch it rain?  Good plan for the day.  Do a load of laundry just because I don't have to hang it outside.  Before I had a dryer and did still have small children, it was a problem .But to hang clothes on a line  when the sun shinned was a treat.  I got to go outside. The neighborhood Laundry Mat helped when I got desperate.  I was excited when I finally got a dryer.  I learned to appreciate the wonders of progress as they came.  I have seen a lot of change in my lifetime. Still seeing a lot.  

I have switched my reading from Civil War and such to modern day.  I have started a new one.  WHY NOT TONIGHT.  written by Susan MALLERY.  One of those feel good love stories.  I do not like her sometime language but many books contain it.  But you know it will come out good in the end.  I read all the Amish books I can get.  I think I would have made a good Amish wife, then again they really worked hard.  I really like to read about the good food they cooked.  Back to food always.   My plain old oatmeal with a perfect banana was comfort food this morning.


Betty Boop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rainy days and reading in the fall - especially good way to enjoy our blessings!
Joseph