November 25, 2017

EARLY START

I guess I went to bed too early for I woke too early.  But I was tired from too much fun I guess.  Thanksgiving lunch was so nice.  Sophie and Paul are perfect host.  The table was so pretty with their best of everything.  And the food by them and M.G, Ryan and Amy was unusually good.  Jan and Tommy were missed as he is getting over his hip replacement.  But Jan sent her famous chocolate chess pie.  I ate too much because it was so good.  Must pace myself better for Christmas.  Breakfast with that unusual group.  Eggs and sausage and rye toast was good. and it sounds like I have not started to slow up.  But a good breakfast was enjoyed anyway.  Football was the topic today. 
 
CHRISTMAS PAST
 
Remember Christmas as a child.
When excitement was everywhere?
Your imagination just went wild.
The wait you could hardly bare.
 
Long wished for books and toys,
Were yours at long last.
Just a few of the joys
Of Christmas in your past.
 
My contribution to December Villager.  It seems a little incomplete but the space was short because she had a full issue.  Just as well, I could not make that third verse appear anyway.
 
Betty Boop  

No comments: