November 23, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY

Is the turkey cooking?  Smells good.  Cornbread dressing like your mama made?  I love tradition and can't understand all the frenzy to make it different.  Some want to create new tradition.  O. K, but I like the oldies.  Today would have been Truman's and my 71 anniversary.  If my math is wrong--correct me.  It was warm that November 23, 1946.  Me in my carefully selected new "duds".  I looked great and him in his first tailor made suit.  We were a beautiful happy pair.  I wish so many times I had saved the hat I wore.  Why I did not think of that?  It had a beautiful pink feather plume.  Just matched my pink silk blouse with my sky blue suit.  Off to New Orleans in Truman's brother's car.  We did not even own a car then.  Stepped out on a wing and a prayer.,and much love that grew and grew and it lasted a long happy time.  I still relive so many moments and am happy for memories.  Well enough of that.  On to this day.  We are having our celebration tomorrow at Sophie and Paul's house.  Today I am having Thanksgiving lunch here with two friends and one of their daughters. I have found a lot of us will be here today.  Some are saving up for Christmas with their families.  Lot of reasons for everything,

Betty Boop 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Anniversay day! What great memories.