January 8, 2021

36 degrees at 7

Little too cold this morning.  Clouds keep the sun from warming up.  Winter time, what do you expect?  warm and breezy?  Not in Mississippi.  Do you remember when in school, you learned to spell Mississippi? I do.  I was so proud.  I loved the merry sound and the "sing-song" way it sounded.  Still do.  I am glad to live in Mississippi.  So many good things about the people.  You know, when  I sit down to write, I am never sure where my thoughts will take me.  I am sort of a dreamer and tend to make stories about most anything.  This has developed in my later years and of course is going nowhere.  I do not have the education or resources to do anything with it.  It all started when I began to write poems, mostly for my family.  Served me well here at SCV when I wrote  many years for the VILLAGER.  All dried up now. my poetic adventure has all but dried up and I have stopped writing for them.  Oh well  It was good while it lasted.  As Robert St. John ends his weekly writing in the newspaper--ONWARD.  I still love writing my   .Blog.  Thanks to Ashley & Sophia!!!!

BETTY  {just reflecting} BOOP

1 comment:

Amy said...

I bet there are still some poems rattling around in your head. I think our lack of experiences during this pandemic have limited subject matter!