January 15, 2021

YEH IAM HERE

I think I have been sort of stalled-no balcony.  I seem to get refreshed and creative out there. I decided to not look at the temp and just dress warm and GO.  It was chilly, I found out later that is is 36 degrees.  But who is that old lady on her Balcony, drinking coffee, dressed in two robes and tattered high top wooly socks?  Someone hurry, report her as having lost her mind.  No worry for me, there is no one to see me.  I saw the white birds come in.  I got a good look at them from the Bubble yesterday. Some have grey on their wings, and some landed on the water appearing to be feeding.  Some swooped down to fish.  Still don't know much more about them.    There are many small brown ducks also visiting.  I actually heard Mr. Crow trying to wake somebody.  Today is NATIONAL HAT DAY.  We celebrate everything here.  Do I have the courage to wear a hat? I have one that I bought at the Goodwill store for a play I was in.  It looks very much like one I used to wear to Church.  Can you believe that only a short time ago, that we wore hats and high heels, even gloves to Church??  Amazing how much progress we have made.  Wish me luck, that I am not the only one to wear one today.   BETTY, crazy, BOOP           

   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll bet what you're seeing is a ring-billed gull. there are only three white birds native to this area and the other two are egrets. i will try to e-mail you a picture of it.

linda v

Dot said...

THANKS, I GAVE MY BIRD BOOK AWAY AND MISS IT. I REALLY DON'T SEE TOO MANY BIRDS TO LOOK UP. THE GOLDFINCH IN THE ROSE GARDEN ARE SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH. MOM

Amy said...

If it is real big it may be migrating white pelicans. They are arriving now.