January 24, 2021

CURLS

I am sure you have noticed the "ladies on TV" with their attempt at curls.  Maybe some want it ti look like they tried.  I don't like the messy, half curled, dangling, strands of hair.  They take away from the beauty of some of their faces.  Look like they rushed the deal and said Oh, Well!!  Now that is out of the way.  When I was a little girl, I always had what they called a Buster Brown hair cut.  































































Have you noticed the "ladies on TV"  and their attempt to curl long hair?  Like they had a cool curling iron?  Not hot enough to do the job?  I know it is fashion now, but some are not pretty to look at.  I wanted curls when I was little.  My hairdo always seemed to be BUSTER BROWN--complete with bangs, that got cut too short sometime.  Shirley Temple was my idol.  I also had a friend who had long dark curls.  Her Mother was as proud as she was of her work to get them there. They were beautiful to me. Leads my thought to Dolls.  Loved them then and still do.  I had a Shirley Temple doll--Christmas was always special with a new doll. With their little socks and shoes and always clothes to take off and on. Hey, "Down Memory Lane" where everything seemed so sweet.  I grew up in a middle-class neighborhood.  Not much money sometime to spare.  But somehow my parents pulled Christmas off.

Betty Boop    










No comments: