June 13, 2018

ANOTHER GOOD DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

I am always stealing quotes, titles, sayings from others.  I think Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood came after my children were small, but maybe my grandchildren watched his show.  Maybe I am way off, but what else is new?  I liked his simple way of explaining things and simple way of life.  Remember how he changed his shoes and put on a sweater?  And played with the train and had quirky friends?  Silly I know, but have you looked at the kid programs now?  Some are good, but some are not.  Oh well. I start off preaching.  "Pardon me boys'"  Another line from a song.

I guess I am feeling kind of silly this morning.  I had a big bowl of old fashioned cooked oatmeal.  Made by me.  It was topped off with a handful of blueberries {from Jan and Tommy.) I am set to go this morning.  I am sharing some with my friends and freezing some for later.  Bitsy was up before me and was ready for her breakfast.  I ran late because I need new batteries for my BP machine.  I wiggled them around and finally got it to read.  I must bother someone to bring me some new batteries.     Tommy came yesterday and we went to History Club.  Mark Twain was the subject.  My he was a fascinating man.  Much more to learn next meeting.  George K. (who does the program) was very excited about him.  I like to see George get excited.  He must have been a good teacher.

Betty (trying to learn something new) Boop  


No comments: