June 28, 2018

HOT-HOT-HOT

I do not envy the people who have to work outside.  My, it is early in the summer to be so hot.  I remember when I was a little girl, the summers were hot.  I remember playing outside because it was cooler there under trees than in the house. Only fans to cool.  The sidewalks in front of the house felt cool and a good place to play with my dolls.  Yes, I loved my dolls. I remember them well.  I made clothes for the small ones from any old scrap of cloth or paper and pinned them on with straight pens. The tops of mama's old stockings made wonderful evening  dresses. Memories.!!       I sat on the balcony where there is shade from the tall pine trees. I did not stay long.  I saw the family of ducks swimming up stream very fast.  There were only three---yesterday there were four. Are they running (swimming)fast from that one?  I see a story in a lot of nature.  I am sure I am wrong mostly.  I also saw a runner, yes a runner.  I am sure it was a visitor.  You can spot a resident many ways.  First, no resident that I know of would be running.  Not in this weather, not ever really.  Second, this one was dressed the part.  And by the way. I am seeing a few females here wearing shorts!!  Wow.  I have come out with mine too.  Mine are very conservative.  So far the others are too.  But just you wait, some maverick  will break the unwritten dress code. With some way too short. That could be a sight you don't want to observe.

Well. am still on go.  I figured out why it takes me so long to get going in the morning.  Usually my blood pressure is low and also the blood sugar is too.  So it takes a good breakfast to get me going.  Not a bad thing altogether, since I like breakfast.  Can't wait for Ashley's biscuits.  Hope she plans to make some one morning.  And plenty of them to toast for the next day.  Please Ashley, you are one of my favorite cooks.  We have a bevy of them, we are so blessed.

Betty Boop

No comments: