July 9, 2018

NICE ON THE BALCONY

It has been nice and cool on  the Balcony.  Little showers are welcome.  I sat out there a while this morning.  I observed one walker and 4 pair of ducks.  The were Canada geese I think.  They seemed a little small and quiet for them but I think that is what they are.  A chorus of birds were singing to me. I wish I knew as much as Truman did about them.  He knew them by their sound and I guess he was more observant as a child growing up on a farm and hunting in the woods.  His cousins (and there were many boys) went hunting for everything.  His mother  was a brave and generous soul. She would cook almost anything the boys brought home. Except  flying squirrels.  Said they looked like rats.  I really did love her.  She raised such a fine  family.  She was a roll model for me.

Betty Boop

No comments: