July 25, 2018

SOFT FOOD

I need to eat soft food while my gums heal.  Challenge?  Not to me. Jan had just brought me fresh veggies from the place on Old Canton Road that we all love.  I had to put the corn-on-cob in the freezer and wait on the tomato because it is spicy, but I cooked the okra, and squash and onion till it was soft.  She also brought lady peas cooked.  I mash it all with some cornbread I made.  Chopped up beets and made it all so I could eat it.  What a feast. You know when I was growing up, my poor Mother had a time with me.  I was what they call a "picky eater."  I could not imagine how I would this day love boiled okra.  But it went down without chewing. I Thank you Jan.  And bless  my mother too.  It has not been too hard to eat soft food.  Where there is a will--there is a way.  I also saw on the list food  of suggestion to eat-- Milk Toast.  How old fashioned is that?  No cook book I have had how to make it.  Since I am good at making the forbidden   food to my liking, I set out to make milk toast.  I toasted whole wheat bread crisp. Buttered it will cinnamon butter.  Heated milk and a drop of vanilla flavoring .  Poured it over toast. and let it soak up the milk till it was soft.  It was good!!.  Next time I make it I will sprinkle it with sub. sugar.!!  (just to guild the lily)

So cool in the Balcony and very quiet too. 

Betty Boop  

No comments: