August 27, 2019

ELECTION DAY

OFF to the polls everybody ! We will have election news all night.  Good thing.  I saw a dozen ducks of some kind.  Don't know what kind.  One pair flew in with a big splash and then to the bank.  Then came the other 10 and stayed in the water.  I think they were having a meeting and two on bank were leading it.  O.K. enough of that.  It got a little humid, so I gave it up.  Coffee cup was empty anyway.  Two cups is my limit.  New poem for Library Board.

SCHOOL      by Dot Ellis

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho !!
Off to school they go.
Thru Books, is the way.
To gather knowledge each day.
 
I was inspired by seeing the top of school busses from my balcony on Madison Avenue each morning going by since school has started.
You know when you are writing for the Library (we have a great, active one) you try to make it about books.  Sometime it is hard to do.

Betty Boop

No comments: