August 26, 2019

RAINY MONDAY

Song title in there.   Don't mind rainy days when I can stay inside and gaze out.  Pretty sight.  Somehow it takes me back to childhood and getting ready for school with rain coming down.  Of course it does not bother a child as it does a grownup. Or does it? The only thing I did not like was those galoshers  (sp) I was made to wear.  Not the cute boots of today, but those big old brown things that were so hard to get on.  They always pulled your shoes off when you tugged them off.  I hope they don't make them anymore.  I bet if they do--they have found an easy way to put on and take off.  Little hands have enough trouble as it is.  But there I always was, sitting on the floor of the cloak room struggling to either pull them on or take them off, along with my shoes and sometime socks too.  And speaking of socks, I wore knee socks in the Wintertime.  They had no elastic to hold them up.  Mama made elastic bands to hold them up  (garters)  Always too tight or too loose.  Up and down those dull socks would go. (they always seemed to be tan-not pretty blue or red.)  Tan went with every thing.   Oh the troubles we had.  Mama sewed most of my clothes, and she did a wonderful job without a sewing machine.  I did have some pretty bought dresses sometime when money would allow.  My. how did I get off  track this morning. Those memories come back unexpected!!

Betty Boop   

No comments: