August 19, 2019

WEEKS FLY BY

It seems that before I know it-another week has passed.  What did I do with it?  Not much that I can brag about.  Went to Church yesterday.  Our Pastor and his wife are back from a 2 week vacation in the north west.  Such a beautiful coast.  I remember doing it in our RV. and the ocean and shore line was something to see.

We had lunch with Sophie and Paul after lunch.  We had not been to BRENTS DRUGS lately.  It is fun and they still make olive-egg salad sandwiches the same.  Old time drug store and soda fountain still the same.   I remember when I was a little girl going to the neighborhood drug store.  It smelled of ice cream and chocolate.  Many smells stay with you.  I had 5 cents to spend sometime.  What fun to pick out "penny" candy.  Remember penny candy?  My I felt delighted and rich with my little brown bag filled with treats. MEMORIES, MEMORIES.  How wonderful to go to them and relive some of the best.

Betty Boop

No comments: