September 13, 2019

COOL IN THE BUBBLE.

I sat in the Bubble (sun room over looking the Lake).  Barbara and Bitsy were cleaning.  Barbara cleaning and Bitsy watching.  I saw a pretty sight, at least to me.  Canada geese are making a comeback.  So far they  are being quiet and on good behavior.  I saw a gaggle of about 12 or 13  coming together slowly down toward the Lake.  They move so slow, you have to watch to see them move.  They made their way to the water's edge and slipped one by one into the water.   Swam around in groups and made line formations and circles as if they were putting on a show.  After a short while they seemed done swimming and out they spilled onto the bank and slowly made their way to graze the new mowed grass.  Then satisfied, they left as they came without a sound.  They usually make a big to do about flying in and out, but not today.  Now all this seems a simple event to report, but it was a sight to see-- to me.  I also got inspired to write a poem, but not about geese. I started it yesterday and finished it today.  Now I will try to print it out for the VILLAGER And maybe later for you.  If I get the Blog too long you might not read it. Nice to have time to observe and to write.  Lucky me.

Betty Boop

No comments: