September 9, 2019

MOMDAY MORNING

Just finished my breakfast.  I brought a biscuit from yesterday lunch at Church.  We had lunch after church service.   Was nice and reminded me of old days, when we had such a lot of times to have a meal together there.  I was impressed with my daughter Amy and her skills in decorating the tables.  I was reminded of so many times I did the same thing.  I loved doing it and felt it was a part of my worship to do so.  Of course Amy does it better than I did.  The crowd was so much smaller and I am concerned for our Church's future.  Maybe our past was all part of the great plan and we did what we were supposed to do in the scheme of the whole picture.  I know Broadmeadow was a powerful force in sending new young men and women to preach and work in the church.  So many good outreach  programs we had and I was glad to be in the middle of wonderful time in Broadmeadow's history.  Maybe there is more and I hope we can hold on.  Being a charter member for over 50 years, I have seen a lot of history first hand. I did not mean to "preach"., but it was on my mind as I enjoyed yesterday at church.  It is still an important part of my life, every day. Although I am unable to do as much as I used to do. I still support it with my prayers, gifts, and just being there, as I pledged to do along time ago .

Betty Boop



No comments: