December 15, 2019

BEAUTIFUL DAY

Beautiful day with daughters.  They picked me and the rollator up and headed for the big beautiful city of Jackson.  My birthplace.  A longtime ago.  Never lived anywhere else till Madison and SCV.   My it has changed.  It is still growing.  It feels like a big city with all the newest tall building. We headed to Mississippi Museum of Art.  Was disappointed  at the few Christmas decorations we expected to see.  But the tour was good.  I saw many artist I knew represented.  Think I will take my one picture I painted of the Amish men, and present it to hang among some of the greats.  The gift shop is always interesting to look at but not to buy.  We went to the new and lovely hotel-The Westin, for lunch.. So good and nice.  It took me back to days when we went on conventions in the big cities.  Truman and I really lived it up.  County bumpkins at first, but we learned a lot. I digress.  The Westin had a beautiful display of Christmas trees in their lobby.  Each decorated by different businesses in Jackson.  They were so unique and beautiful.   We then took a tour of the Belhaven area.  Much is going on  there.  New business and many renovations of old houses. It really felt alive.  I have heard so much negative reports about the down town area.  Good to know that seeing is believing. I live in a small world of what I see on TV and  newspapers.  So seeing so much positive was really refreshing.  I was tired--but happy for the adventure, as we say.

BettyBoop

No comments: