December 7, 2019

DEAR FRIENDS

I am blessed with not only the best family in the world, but dear friends.  I got a call last evening about 7 (good thing I had not decided to dress for bed) from a sweet lady who has been shut in for a while from a fall here.  She still lives in independent  living. Thanks to a very dedicated only daughter here in Madison, she gets plenty attention. Reesie and I were good friends when we did the exercise class early on.  She always was pleasant and laughter was her thing. So we just hit it off.  I have been amiss in visiting her since she has been shut in.  Her daughter called and said could  they come visit.  I was so surprised and glad.  Reesie was feeling better and wanted to get out and see people.  They came and Bitsy was a perfect hostess.  They loved her.  We had such a nice visit.  She said she loved the little happy I left for her and she still had  many of them from the past I made.  So the bottom line is BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE.  I am limited to all the things I do now but I have found small things I can still do.  Amy reminds me of the way I used to do things.  I usually ended up after Christmas sick with a cold and had to go to the Dr.  In those days, he would give me a shot--now it is different.  Everything is.  Time marches on.  So Be It!!

Betty Boop

No comments: