December 8, 2019

CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS

 Have you ever had a craving for a certain food?  I did Saturday.  Can't always eat the original way of cooing, so I get creative and try to duplicate.  Chicken cooked and taken off the bone is something you can keep in freezer to do a lot of things.  Chicken salad, whole wheat spaghetti, just chicken sandwich, the list goes on.  I wanted dumplings !!  I made them with whole wheat tortillas.  I have done them before.  Just cut them in strips and dust with flour (important) and cook  in boiling broth you boiled  the chicken in.  I put onion and mixed spices with chicken to make a tasty broth.  Plenty to freeze for next time.  Now it was very good and I had a small feast with English peas and fruit for dessert.  Craving satisfied.!!!

Betty Boop

No comments: