December 27, 2019

TREES


While sitting in the Bubble this morning, drinking a second cup, I looked at the trees around the Lake.  The Cyprus trees are almost bare.  Like naked ladies shivering in the cold or is it  from embarrassment?   I think they are beautiful all stripped and sleeping till Spring when new needles will come again.  There is a Cyprus Tree forest on the Natchez Trace.  It is wondrous to see.  All those big trees with their roots in water.  They seem to be thriving around the Lake here.  Someone had the insight to plant
them as well as Willow trees.  I also saw  resident Egret, as white as snow.  And a blue heron. Two mallard ducks and some more smaller ducks.  It is their kind of weather for sure.  More rain on the way for  the weekend.  I am resting and planning when to take the decorations down.  What a job!!  Why did I think I had to put it all out?  Because I love all of my old stuff.  Do you?  Of course it just grows with the years, when you keep it all. 

Betty Boop

No comments: