August 22, 2020

NATIONALSENIOR CITIZENS DAY

Did you let it get by with out celebrating?  Oh, you  did not hear about it?  Well, we out here at SCV have two very capable Activity directors and they don't let much get past them.  They work together beautifully to do many nice things for us seniors.  They ordered old time penny candy from Amazon.  (They have most anything you can think of) Took me back to my little girl days when if I was lucky to have 5 cents to spend. Off to the neighborhood drug store, where I could pick 5 pieces of candy.  Off I would go with my little brown sack and feel very rich.  Anyway the girls arranged many different kinds of penny candy in glass bowls along with bubble gum too. Also CRACKER JACKS.  Remember them?  With a prize at the bottom of box.  There on the box was Jack himself in his Sailor suit, along with his dog, Bozo, I think that was his name.  They had fancy made cup cakes too.  What fun, even with our mask on and 6 feet apart, we Seniors had a little pocket of fun.

Betty Boop 
P.S. I could not 
eat all that sugar, so relied on memory of those sweet treats of long ago.

No comments: