August 27, 2020

ONE MORNING IN MAINE

For some reason I thought of the McCloskey children books about the state of Maine.  His children books were my favorite to read to my children and grandchildren.  Little Sal was lucky to live there.  I had blueberries on my waffle this morning and I thought of the one-BLUEBERRIES FOR SAL and her picking blueberries with the surprise of the bear on the other side of where she was picking.  Friendly little cub who was afraid of her and she him.  My breakfast was good.  Still had wonderful berries in my freezer.

Weather is very unsettled to say the least.  Looks like rain from LAURA will affect us.  On the Balcony I did not see walkers. they are unsettled too.  Silly me, I always like to wash clothes when it rains.  Throwback from when I had no dryer and had to hang diapers (yes diapers) in a rack inside.  No HUGGIES in those days.  So I celebrate with a dryer these days, but no diapers in sight. 

Betty(creating her own fun) Boop

No comments: