May 31, 2021

MEMORIAL DAY

I watched the annual  Memorial Day program on PBS last night.  I am sure they will show it again today.  Different with no crowds but just as good.  It took me back to our visit to Arlington and the sight.  So serene, quiet, peaceful, and moving.  So many young and many other  Vets  too.  It stirred my memories of WW11.  I was young and  really did not grasp the seriousness of the war at the time.  But since then, so many other wars have happened and it seems we never learn to get along.  Why?  

My heat is still off and I am cold this morning.  I needed Bitsy last night to keep me warm.  Hope the milder temp will help today.  Our MEMORIAL DAY lunch sounds good.  The entrees are Hamburger, or BB chicken, or the every favorite (of mine) hot dog.  I will put mine on a slice of whole wheat bread.  Have no wheat bun.  Of course we have the usual trimmings to go along.  Will have to pass on the Red Velvet Cheesecake or Apple Pie.  So Be It!!

BETTY (very thankful) BOOP

No comments: