February 25, 2023

ENJOY THE WEATHER?

If you live in Mississippi, you know how fast it can change. And change it did. I have to look at the calendar to see what month it is. Actually the day and time it is. And what is my name anyway? But sitting on Balcony I thought about Saturday's in the past. Childhood is funny. What you remember is amazing. I remember windows open, breezy yet warm, radio blaring ball games, Mama cooking, ironing dresses for Church the next day, in the Fall leaves blowing, the coolness of the sidewalk as I sat with my dolls, Mama planning pot roast for Sunday dinner, how good it smelled, hope to have lemon icebox pie (remember the taste of that?, getting to see special friends you only see at Sunday School. My, I could go on and remembering the past. Now what day  is it now?

BETTY(from the past)BOOP

p. s. come with me 

 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love it! You know I am blessed or cursed with vivid memories as you are.