February 24, 2023

HAM & EGGS

 No. not in Carolina, but right here sitting in my cane bottom chair at the little antique gate-leg-table looking out at clouds, and threat of some rain. 66 is good for walking and I did see several walkers. Wish I could walk the ring around the Lake. But I am thankful to be able to walk these "hallowed" Halls of St. Catherine. I meet so many old souls like me. Safe and happy. Enough of that. I do not want to give that impression. We are just like anybody else. Happy when we are well and strong when we have troubles. Stop it!! How did I get to preaching? Easy to slip. As I always say, the secret is "attitude." New things help too. I have something new. A Library card from Madison Library. Urged on by Lucy and Mary, I visited the Book Mobile that comes here. My what a nice young lady who runs it. I was interested in books on audio. They are on CD's and many of them. I checked out an author I have know for a long time. MAEVE BINCHY. I know you who read know her. She is deceased now, but wrote many books. I am delighted for another avenue to check out books. And so nice to know about it. Although J & A keep me supplied with good reads, this is just a "little pocket of fun", as "we" say.

BETTY (read for fun" BOOP

p. s. will pass the time well.

No comments: