August 9, 2015

90th Ellis Reunion

Yes the Reunion has been going on 90 years with very little breaks.  Maybe two time when it did not meet.  Although it is good and enjoyed by all. it is a little sad also.  I realized I was the oldest one there and the last in this generation except for one in Texas who is in a nursing home.  Mike did a good job of remembering the past and I realized over again what a wonderful family they  are.  I should say, we, because I am a part even though I had to marry one to be one.  I am sure there are many families like us, who have been friends for all these years, and every one is dear to me.  I realize the love and patience it takes to achieve such harmony.  I am sure over these years, not everything was or is perfect but I am glad for the respect and love we show to each other.  Not as many there as usual. but the food was just as good as it always is.  I missed Cecil's chicken and dumplings.  I  of course missed Truman.  I don't know who loved the reunion the most,  Truman or his Mother.  There were two things Truman expected of his children and there was no excuse.  We always went to Church and the Ellis Reunion.  I don't think our children thought of it any other way..  Hope to be there next year.  How about you all?

Betty Boop

2 comments:

wvrhodes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wvrhodes said...

I was trying to send a smiley face blowing a kiss.