August 17, 2015

MOMDAY MONDAY

Doesn't seem like it should be-but it is.  My lunch was a tad different today than Sunday.  I had actually one of my favorites.  I used to eat this when Truman was not at home for lunch.  A small can of pork and beans with a hot dog sliced up in it with ketchup.  A salad of just lettuce and mayo.  A slice of whole wheat bread buttered and a diet coke.  How about  that.  Simple but good.

I just finished going through all the sympathy cards I have saved since Truman died.  I thought it was time to let them go.  Not a good idea in a way because it caused me pain to remember those first days after.  But I made it through and I know it will be o.k.  I realized that I have come a long way. 

Now to dinner with my "girl" friends.  We have a good time.

Betty Boop

No comments: