August 5, 2015

CLOSET SALE

Yes, I went, just because it is fun.  I did not see much that I could not do without.  I spent the grand total of $1.00.  But here you get a  LOT FOR A BUCK.    I bought a package of unopened Christmas cocktail paper napkins.  Just like I am having a cocktail party.  Also a little 4 inch clay angel to add to my collection.  She is singing with the others just now, so I guess that is going to work out.  Also two ceramic raccoons.  Don't laugh.  I bought them to use on the table at the entrance to my hall.  You know the one I keep up.  I have about run out of things like that to display.  I like to accent the flowers or whatever I put there.  So 25 cents for each item, and I did not break the bank.  The fun is to watch the people, who will quickly tell you that they should be selling or giving away instead of collecting more stuff.  I agree but it is still fun to get a bargain.  Right Sophie?  Of course your mother takes pictures of her finds, which is the smart thing to do. 

Lunch with three dear friends was good. Nap.  Did a little ironing and now a little reading.  I tell you all these mundane things so you will know I am staying busy, entertained and out of trouble.

Betty Boop

No comments: