August 14, 2015

BEAUTY and the BEAST

First the beauty.  I sat in the Bubble after Exercise class to eat a snack of a half a banana spread with a bit of peanut butter,  YUMMM.  The lake was almost like glass, not much breeze, no ducks in sight,  All of a sudden a beautiful blue heron flew right over my sight.  So graceful, yet so big.  He soared away leaving me in a thankful place for having been blessed to see such a beautiful sight.   Oh the sights of SCV.

Now the Beast side.  I took lemon poppy seed muffins that I made.  Someone else brought three berry cake.  One guy who is really not a beast  enjoys the treats.  He is more like a gentle giant. He is   really a bit - no- a lot overweight.  Loves sweets.  He finished 4 pieces of cake and a muffin.  He reached for another and my friend Betty said "No you have already had enough!!"  His brother who also lives here just quietly picked up another portion of sweets and calmly laid it on his napkin.  I guess that is brotherly love?  or not?  Any way, he may weigh 300 pounds but he is happy. 

Oh the scenes of St. Catherine.
Betty Boop

No comments: