August 13, 2015

CLEANSING but NOSTALGIC

Do you ever have a day when you are free of appointments, meetings, household duties, and more?  Today I wondered what to do  that I could tell you about.  The drawers to my little antique whatever it is, was over flowing with cards.  I love them and hate to throw them away.  But there comes a time when you must clean out.  I went through a zillion of them.  Saved just since Truman died.  I did not yet go through the sympathy cards. I will save that for another day as they are in a basket by themselves.  These were Birthday cards and others too.  I enjoyed them over again,  Spent the entire morning doing this.  I have a big bag to take to the trash.  They are not trash exactly but treasures.  Oh me, I am  hard to handle.  I just could not part with some from my family.  So I saved a few and put them in piles of who they came from.  I even found three Valentines from Truman.  Don't know how they found their way in with the more up to date ones.  So even though I am discarding a lot, I still have a lot I saved.  I do feel productive but yet it was something I really did not have to do. But  I feel better either way. 

I just warmed up spaghetti and meatballs from the freezer that Amy brought.  With a salad and my home made applesauce with sugar-free ice cream, I am set for that ever loving nap.  Betty Boop

No comments: