August 29, 2015

SAD SATURDAY

Sad because Jan is out of town again.  Let me see if I can turn that around.  I am glad she has friends that need her.  How wonderful to have so many.  To have a friend-you have to be one and that says a lot for her.  So I had breakfast at the Cyber.  With blood sugar under control. I again broke down and had one pancake and a scrambled egg.  I am weak about pancakes.  Hope for the best.  Another thing I have a weakness for is watermelon.  Of course that is a good thing if I don't eat too much at a time.  My Daddy loved it too.  I have had it on my mind since the season is almost over, and a poem is running around in my brain.  I am going to try to coral it today.  First I must pay my bills.  I hate that but am glad for the training Truman gave me.  I used to pay all the bills and we would reconcile the bank statement together.  Another task I tried to put off, but he would not hear of that.  Thank you my love for teaching me what I know about all that stuff.  He got a kick out of having me write the BIG checks like when we would buy something big like a car or appliances.  I thought he was being nice to me but he really was impressing on me what things cost.  I know  that now.  It hurts to part with my resources.  Glad I have them, every day. 

I realize I go on and on sometimes, but this blog is like a journal --full of my thoughts.  Hope you don't mind reading them.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Keep em coming. We will keep reading.