August 3, 2015

SUNNY SUNDAY

And I really mean "sunny."  100 degrees and no help in sight.  August is starting out like July.  HOT!!  Stay inside is my advice, if you can.  I can.  Of course there are exceptions.  Church and lunch with whatever bunch I can.  Yesterday it was to Mr. Chen"s  for us.  I like the food there.  They have such good shrimp and veggies.  Amy, Paul, Sophia, M. G. and Ryan and me.  I have trouble hearing it all and keeping up, but I still enjoy just being with them.

Jan came in the afternoon and even though
 she claims to be computer illiterate, I think she is computer savvy. She has the determination and patience to get it right. She reads directions well.  She spent a whole afternoon with me trying to get books from the Madison Library on my Nook.  I now have three to read.  How wonderful, I did not go there to get them and I don't have to take them back.  All done electronically .  How about that for progress.  There is still something good to say about the "old" way, but I will move into the new age with grace and be thankful. 

Quote for the day: "Hey I did not know you are 88.  You pass me in the hall going so fast that you almost blow me over.  I am 87 and I can't move that way."  Needless to say, it made my day.

Betty (speedy" Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just keep moving