January 22, 2017

ARCHIVES

Saturday, Jan and I held hands and went down Memory Lane once again.  She is just about as bad as me about throwing things away.  The files we went through yesterday were a lot of files of Truman's business adventures.  Young men you could have learned some things from how he built a successful portfolio.  And why I am reaping the benefits of his adventures.  He really believed in real estate.  Of course I know the times were good for that then.  But he built his career one step at a time. And he was in the position to know a lot about what was going on.  He kept every newspaper clipping you could imagine.  It gave us a look at his success and also the kind of man he was.  I know it is easy to look back at someone's life and remember the best things.  I am guilty.  But it was not all "roses."  It was a struggle and hard times were a mix.  But I choose to remember the best of Truman, and there was a lot of "best".  Jan could not part with the archives that were his life.  She said you just can't throw that away--so we ended up keeping most of those files. 

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Sophie Wolf said...

I want to read these files!

Dot said...

Any time, I would be delighted for you to see them. MaMaw