January 7, 2017

Brrrrrrr Cold

Yes it is cold.  No snow in Madison to count but a little in some places.  The ice and sleet is the real problem.  Our putting green is white.  Looks like an ice rink.  No golf today.  The sun is out but the Blues Marathon was canceled because of icy streets where they would run.  I am sorry for them.  It was to be such a great event. 

I had breakfast this morning with three other ladies.  My silence at breakfast was broken.  I don't want to complain but I did enjoy the solitude I had been having.  But I welcomed them when they asked to sit with me.  That is the way I am.  Can't hurt any feelings if I can help it.  I believe that is the way to be.  The courtyard looked so pretty with the ice still on it this morning.  I am glad I did not have any worries of ice doing damage to a house or yard.  Been there. done that.  Truman and I used to worry about the trees  in our yard.  Especially the big oak at the back door.  It was so tiny when he planted it too close to the house.  It seemed no threat at the time.  But it grew and grew and he threatened it all the time to cut it down.  My those days seem so far away now.  A lot of living went on in that house on Riverwood.  Meadowridge too.  All started in 1946 on Northview Drive.  Let me go before I get on the Memory Lane.




Betty Boop

No comments: