January 10, 2017

OUT OF SHAPE

I thought I was in pretty good shape, but yesterday I found out different.  We have been begging for a new workout program.  Nothing has changed since I have been here.  Well finally she brought an expert to do over our work out.  She was in her 50's and looked 23.  We had music which I wanted and a workout similar to Silver Sneakers that I did 6 years ago at the Courthouse,  Six years have taken a real toll on my old body.  I was determined to finish it.  I did and it almost finished me as I crept out of bed this morning.  I don't know if I can or should try it on Wednesday.  My pride may be bigger than me.  We had a room full and I realized most were 15 to 20 years younger than me.  Just another example of pushing the old aside and younger to take their place.  Feeling sorry for myself and my "old" friends.  We are troupers but their is a limit to what we can or should even try to do.  I am sore in many spots this morning.  Maybe I will feel better by next session tomorrow.

Betty (old girl) Boop

No comments: