November 12, 2021

45 brrrrrr ON BALCONY

But the sun is finally coming out.  Crows on steeple look content.  The fog is rising over the Meadow, very pretty.  Don't think I see Frost, but I am looking for it soon and the Meadow will be brown again.  Time marches on. I rationed my blueberries to make them last by adding a little banana to the mix.  Made breakfast  perfect by salvaging a slice of ham to make 2 meals and one breakfast.  That little bit of ham made the split and toasted biscuit special.  Coffee of course.  Hey I am a "child of the depression."  Blame a lot on that.  Even though I remember very little about it.  Children were kept in the dark from major problems when I was growing up.  At least I was.  Can't remember many things about it, but one memory stands out.  Someone stole the bottled milk from our front porch. Milk was delivered door to door then. You put out your glass bottle with a note as to how much you needed.  Could not know then why anyone would do that.  Hunger is to blame for much, even in this day.  I digress of course.  Amy and I are on hot pursuit to make Xmas gifts for my friends here.  Kind of exciting as I went through my craft supplies to see what I would need,  I noted 4 glue guns.  Three were encrusted with glue and an  almost new one.  Why would I keep the old ones?  There you go--"use it up"  as in the Great Depression.  Tired of that?  You young ones? 

BETTY (wont let you forget) BOOP

P. S,  I am going to march down to my Cage Storage unit and throw away those useless glue guns !! 

No comments: