February 23, 2022

Brrrrrrrrr.

I did not think 47 degrees was all that cold. But factor in the wind, it was a little uncomfortable, so I stayed long enough for coffee to cool (not long) and raced in fast. Nothing going on anyway. No walkers or geese to honk. Just resident ducks floating around. They are always there. Do they ever sleep? Still I enjoyed a few minutes. Kind of woke me up. I have a few little business things to attend to today. My CPA gave me my orders yesterday and I must pay up. O, My, don't we all? Thank goodness for living in the USA, and it is a privilege to "pay up." 

Don't know why my first teen age boyfriend came to my mind. One of those War Time breakups. So sad. I remember writing him after he came home from the Navy. He wasn't the same. I sent his class ring back and wrote a poem: Not my writing, but fit the bill. 

                SLIGHTLEY SWELL

Knowing you, Darling,

Was slightly swell:

A little bit of Heaven,

A little Of Hell,

A parcel of Paradise

That wouldn't jell.

Goodbye, you lug

It was slightly swell.

The words "swell" meaning very good and "good bye you lug" not so good. Sign of the times I guess.  I was into poetry even then, just not writing my own.

BETTY (remembering) Boop

P. S. where did that memory come from?

No comments: